Rishon LeZion is located on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea, 12 kilometers south of Tel Aviv.
The name of the city is translated as "First in Zion" and is taken from the Book of the Prophet Isaiah.
The city was founded in 1882 by members of the Hovevei Zion movement. He is one of the first Zionist settlements in Israel.
In 1887, Edmond James de Rothschild opened here the winery "Carmel Mizrachi".
In 1950, Rishon LeZion was given the status of a city.
In the 90s, with the arrival of aliyah from the CIS, the population of the city increased dramatically. In its western part, large residential areas appeared.
There are several industrial zones in Rishon LeZion.
In the city there is a large amusement park "Superland".
Rishon LeZion borders on the south with the city of Rehovot, in which the Weizmann Institute of Science and Rehovot Science Park are located.
The National Insurance Institute of Israel ("Bituah Leumi"):
Israel Galili 7
Tel. *6050, 12226050
Israeli Employment Service ("Lishkat Taasuka"):
Israel Galili 3
The Ministry of Interior ("Misrad ha-Pnim"):
Israel Galili 3
Israel Tax Authority:
Israel Galili 3 Alef
Tel. 03-9421666, 03-9421602/3, Fax. 03-9421604
Israel Ministry of Construction and Housing:
Tel. 03-763277, 03-7632823
Assaf HaRofeh Hospital
Tel. 08-08-9779506, 972-8-9779782
City streets and attractions near the city:The Village Well in Rishon LeZionRothschild Pedestrian Mall in Rishon LeZionRishon LeZion's City GardenThe Palm Boulevard at Rishon LeZion's City GardenPalmachim Beach
(in straight line):
|to Jerusalem - ||42 km|
|to Tel Aviv - ||14 km|
|to Haifa - ||96 km|
|to Beer Sheva - ||78 km|